Sunday, April 02, 2006

Karaoke Dreams

Goals are important in all aspects of life: careers, relationships, shoe shopping, breakdancing, and, of course, karaoke. It so happens that my life-long karoake dreams can be summed up in three songs:

1. Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
2. Whenever I Call You Friend - Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks
3. Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John and Kiki Dee

Yes, all three are gloriously cheesy duets from the late 1970s-early 1980s. In my mind, performing any one of them would be the ultimate karaoke achievement. The trouble is, no one seems to share my vision. Sigh. Oh well. Some day, somewhere, my dream will be realized. I just have to believe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do "Islands in the Stream," but only if I can be Dolly.

Daphne Supergirl said...

You are so on! I'm really better at the Kenny part in that one anyway. And suddenly, I'm craving me some Roasters...