Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Mighty iTunes Oracle

For my first blog entry in many months, I looked to my iTunes for inspiration, and a little personality game I came across on My Boring Life. Try it out yourself - just hit shuffle and watch as some of life's big questions are magically answered right before your eyes! Just remember - no skipping allowed!

Q. What would best describe your personality?
A. Breathe – Michelle Branch

Hmmm…sounds girly and upbeat, but lyrics are about being this close to falling apart. Yep, I’d say that pretty much sums me up.


Q. What do you like in a guy/girl?
A. What’s New, Pussycat? – Tom Jones

Campy, over-the-top, worthy of getting random chicks’ panties thrown at him. Maybe my ideal man circa 1965? (hello Peter O’Toole!)


Q. How do you feel today?
A. Say Something – James

Sounds about right.

Q. What is your life's purpose?
A. Islands in the Stream – Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

OMG – the all-seeing iTunes shuffle has spoken! I believe it is my life’s purpose to champion cheesy 80s music. That, and to sing a duet with Kenny Rogers.


Q. What is your motto?
A. Dance Dance Dance – Beach Boys

Fucking A!

Q. What do your friends think of you?
A. Glittering Prize – Simple Minds

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe that I’m sparkly? And also a prize.

Q. What do you think of your friends?
A. Over and Over – Wilson Phillips

Um…kay. Now this is just getting embarrassing. Yes, I have Wilson Phillips on iTunes. And I think this will surprise NONE of my friends.


Q. What do you think of your parents?
A. Stand Back – Stevie Nicks

This doesn’t really work either. But God I love Stevie Nicks!


Q. What is your life story?
A. Tu t’laisses aller – Charles Aznavour

Great...thanks for the self-esteem boost Chuck.


Q. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A. Sunday Bloody Sunday – U2

I want to be Bono.


Q. What is your hobby/interest?
A. Don’t – Elvis Presley

I am most definitely interested in Elvis.


Q. What will they play at your funeral?
A. I Wanna Be Your Lover – Prince

OMG, someone needs to put this in my will!


Q. What is your biggest secret?
A. Got to Get a Message to You – Bee Gees

Great, now everyone knows I’ve got early Bee Gees on my iTunes. But considering the Wilson Phillips debacle earlier, I guess this is pretty minor.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Whoa! Thank you for linking to my blog!! I fricking LOVE Islands in the Stream too. I'm totally bookmarking you, I think we have a lot in common. Kepp on blogging!