Sunday, January 14, 2007

A New Match for Marilyn

OK, so this is week-old news, but just to re-cap: the latest star marriage to shatter into so many dysfunctional, yet gossip-mag digestible pieces is that of Marilyn Manson and Dita Von Teese. The New York Post printed a decidedly Von Teese-sided article January 5th, titled "Dita Dumps Messed-Up Manson," that included the following synopsis:

"Sources say the raven-haired bombshell filed for the split right before Christmas, but Manson has been unaware of it because she couldn't get in touch with him....Friends say Manson had been boozing heavily last year, much to Von Teese's dismay, but she'd desperately tried to hold on. "She really tried to make this work," the friend said.""

A very sad state of affairs, apparently. Furthermore, from the same Post article:

"Von Teese's pals say they are squarely on her side. "Well, at least now she won't have to share her makeup," one quipped. [Ohhh, snap!] It's not known yet whether Von Teese plans to ask for custody of the couple's two cats, Lily and Aleister, and dachshunds, Greta and Eva."

No matter how nasty the break-up gets, let's keep the pets' best interests at heart, folks.

I can't say I've cultivated much personal fandom for Manson's music. In fact, it was around the time he made it big in the alt-rock scene that I started experiencing my first twinges of crotchetiness (sp? even a word?) towards "young people's music". Ironically, I was about 15 at the time, but I digress.

Even though I can't say I'm a fan, I certainly do hope that Manson's heartbreak heals and that he may even be back on the dating scene someday. I'm thinking that next time around, Manson should try courting a new type of gal for a change. Somebody preppy, perky and fond of wearing pastels. Somebody like...Mandy Moore. Perfect! Sort of like Marilyn Munster meets Marilyn Manson.

Sounds like a match made in, er...Hollywood? Hey, you never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another reason Ms. Von Teese might have thrown the rocker out is his affair with the actress Evan Rachel Wood, who is all of 18 years old (to Manson's 38). Recently, she's also been seen on the arm of one Edward Norton (himself pushing 40). Pervy all around.

Daphne Supergirl said...

Weird on both counts. I guess I'm waaay behind, but what ever happened to Edward Norton and Salma Hayek?

I don't think we should be too harsh on this one as far as the age angle is concerned. I mean, he's no Jerry Lee Lewis, right?

Anonymous said...

I suppose marrying your 14-year-old cousin is a lot worse than dating an 18-year-old. But this still reminds me of Sergei Fedorov and Anna Kournikova. He was in his 30s and she was something like 15 or 16 when they got together. Call me old-fashioned or a prude, but that just ain't right.