Sunday, December 03, 2006

Personal Kryptonite

I think if we stop to think about it for a moment, we can all come up with the components of our own personal kryptonite--one or more essential elements that could be used by your enemies to annoy, repel, or even (worst case scenario) destroy you, depending on how they are deployed. For example, "Welcome to the Jungle" was Manuel Noriega's personal kryptonite (N.B. - it's never a good idea to let the U.S. Marines know what your personal kryptonite is). The Wicked Witch of the West's personal kryptonite was water. Superman's personal kryptonite was...kryptonite.

So you get the idea. I recently arrived at the recipe for my own personal kryptonite. As this blog is vaguely anonymous, I feel I can safely reveal it here. For my friends reading this...well, I trust you all to refrain from abusing your new power. This is very, very potent stuff.

My personal kryptonite = Rachael Ray + Indigo Girls' "Closer to Fine" + Anne Geddes photography

Put those three ingredients together and all my superpowers would be completely incapacitated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you've so bravely bared your Achilles Heel, I'll offer up a fair exchange: Diana Krall, seafood and heat (not the Miami basketball franchise, but the weather system).